Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Scone or scone?

Hi everyone

Please take some time to vote on my poll to find out what the best scone flavour is.

Please read the word "scone" in whatever way you like!

The distinction between scone and scone doesn't really work on paper but personally I say the word "scone" that rhymes with "cone". I know some people prefer the sweet treat that rhymes with "con"...

A poll by Oxford Dictionaries said that "cone" was the winner.


I still find that peoples pronunciation and regional dialects are very interesting in matters such as these which sparked debates in my lectures and seminars before Christmas.

But onto the point of this post!

Please vote for your favourite flavour scone (you can choose multiple flavours if you can't choose one) and then I will make that flavour of scone and post it on here when the poll has finished on the 10th March 2015 at 18:00.



You can find this poll underneath 'Popular Posts' down the right hand side of the blog.

Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. My favourite scone (scone, not scon!) would always be sultana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please vote on the poll down the right hand side of the blog. Thanks xxx

      Delete
  2. Argghhh so difficult, I love all scones!! (Scone not scon too!) Like Caked Crusader I am rather partial to a fruit scone although date scones are pretty yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dates are not my favourite however I have had cranberry and white chocolate scones! I didn't want to go too complicated with the poll though so I kept it simple and added "Other" for this very reason! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Mines cheese every time....Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you love cheese scones mum! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've voted. The pronunciation of scone causes as many arguments as to whether the cream goes first or last. I have very decided opinions, so will move on swiftly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting :) Oooh definitely jam and then cream! I think it's a regional thing! Where you're from depends how you pronounce "Scone" and whether you prefer the cream or jam first! Let's put it down to region for our differences ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Scone and I've voted for more than one as I just can't choose a favourite. I do love scones especially home made ones. Plain or sultana if I fancy a sweet one and a cheese scone (best with bacon jam) if I want something savoury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow the cheese scone with bacon jam sounds amazing! That sounds like a great recipe to try! I agree that plain and sultana are my favourites! I suppose the next question would be what jam? Mine is strawberry every time! Thank you for voting! Please check back for the poll winner :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments...